SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the position of Manager, Marketing. The Manager, Marketing is responsible for managing the Communications and Marketing department daily activities, prioritizing assignments, determining marketing and communication plans, developing plans to approach marketing projects, implementing the project solutions, and performing related professional level marketing or communications work in assigned area. The Manager, Marketing will be responsible for supervising employees and student workers.
Position Title Manager, Marketing
1. Coordinates marketing and communication initiatives on assigned projects, which include developing and implementing marketing plans; analyzing customer trends; managing information and measuring progress on tasks, projects, and goals; and performing related activities.
2. Consults with clients and determines specific needs and goals, develops and tracks production, responsible for project budgets and deadlines, ensures completion of requests including submission to vendor, delivery to client, and approving and receiving completed collateral.
3. Develops a variety of marketing and communication materials to promote programs and services, which includes creating and editing marketing materials for inclusion on the website; developing timelines; and determining distribution methods in order to reach intended audience(s).
4. Edits and proofreads publications and communication materials to ensure content meets established design criteria.
5. In conjunction with the Assistant Director, supervises staff and student workers by prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; and maintaining a healthy and safe working environment.
6. Serves as lead in developing the department’s annual production calendar with focus on recurring projects; responsible for maintaining calendar, deadlines and measuring internal effectiveness.
7. Provides oversight of outside contractors and vendors, as needed.
8. Works outside the typical workday to assist in making deadlines or supporting the department at special events, including graduation.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related field (marketing) and five years of professional experience in writing and in creating and executing creative ideas and strategy.
Exceptional writing skills in different styles (i.e., reporting, feature writing, expository, and persuasive) required. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of project management principles, graphic design principles and software applications and basic website design principles.
The ability to think strategically and meet challenges both independently and as part of a team and work efficiently in a moderately-to-extremely busy office environment.
At least two years of direct supervisory experience including responsibility for hiring, firing, performance management, training and coaching is required.
Experience in marketing higher education preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application review will begin Monday, July 15, 2019, applications received after this date will be reviewed on an as need basis.
You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application. Good luck in the recruiting process!
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name Communication and Marketing
Work Schedule 12 month
Work Hours From 8:00 am
Work Hours To 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week 37.5
Requested Start Date ASAP
Job Type Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible Yes
Hiring Range $46,303.00 – $59,731.00
Job Open Date 07/03/2019
Open Until Filled No
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.
To apply, visit: https://employment.scf.edu/postings/3075
This listing has expired.